If you asked for a ton of hockey to watch this weekend your wish has been granted. Juicy matchups abound and we are pumped to bring you some stellar value. Our main focus today is going to be on the Colorado Avalanche game against the Minnesota Wild. The Wild have had a decent start to the season but they just lost Kevin Fiala for three games to suspension and their center depth is suspect.
The other two matchups we would like to focus on are Blues vs Ducks and Penguins vs Rangers. Both Anaheim and New York are struggling to score goals. The Blues and Penguins have been letting in a lot of goals but that is why we are focusing on their offensive capabilities.
Here’s an Cool Lineup For DFS Hockey 1/30/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C N. MacKinnon $8,500 (DK)
C Nazem Kadri $4,700 (DK)
W __________ $5,000 (DK)
W __________ $3,800 (DK)
W __________ $3,500 (DK)
D __________ $4,800 (DK)
D __________ $4,800 (DK)
G P. Grubauer $8,200 (DK)
U __________ $6,600 (DK)
It has been five games since Nathan MacKinnon has scored a goal. Three assists in the last four games is a lull for him. The Avalanche have a solid matchup against the Wild and while Kaapo Kahkonen is a great up and coming goalie this is not the time to play him. MacKinnon is due to go off.
Nazem Kadri’s season has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Please do not think we are chasing his three point game because we are not. He is showing that he is coming into his consistency and his price is a bit under where it probably should be. Top power play time on a top team is a nice cherry on top.
Philipp Grubauer has enjoyed a nice start to the season. His average goals against per game is below two which is a recipe for success. Pavel Francouz remains on the injured reserve list so it is Grubauer’s net for the foreseeable future. Start him with confidence.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• Some of our most consistent producers that are buried in the player list.
• A pair of defensemen that cover point and peripheral scoring.
• A new center and defenseman to start keeping your eye on.
David Perron – W ($5,000 DK). Everyone keeps talking about how is going to lose time to Tarasenko whenever he comes back but Perron has been crushing it with his top line minutes. He is a little older but he is a smart player that still manages to play hard score points.
Jordan Kyrou – W ($3,800 DK). We know the magic will run out one of the days but we are going to milk it to the end. For that price and his upside it is a no brainer.
Kasperi Kapanen – W ($3,500 DK) is settling into his role on the Penguins. Playing on Malkin’s wing is a sweet spot to have landed and Jason Zucker is a great linemate to boot. He has not popped off yet but we have been watching him play and he is building momentum. Get on now.
Torey Krug – D ($4,800 DK) and Colton Parayko – D ($4,800) are a nice tandem to put together at a bargain price. They work well as a pair to get you a solid spread on all the scoring categories. The Ducks have scored eight goals in fourteen games and while takeaways are not scored we think the two Blue’s defensemen will have great possession time tonight.
Jake Guentzel – U ($6,600 DK). We managed to save a decent amount of coin to put Jake Guentzel in our utility slot. He has been quiet this year and we know we are putting a high number of sleepers on our list but just like Kapanen being better due to having Malkin as his center we love having Crosby as Guentzel’s pivot. Crosby’s demeanor after losing to the Bruin’s tells us that he plans on reasserting his team against a weak Rangers squad. Buckle up because the shot totals are going to be flying to the moon.
• Sidney Crosby – C ($7,100 DK) will be a man on a mission tonight. The Rangers defense is well below Boston’s and so Crosby’s opportunities are going to multiply. He looks to have similar upside to MacKinnon today at a much cheaper price.
• Artemi Panarin – W ($6,500 DK). We may not think that the Rangers are going to win today as a team but as an individual Panarin still shines bright. He has been showing why he has one of the top salaries in the league with over a point per game already on the board. Not a bad price for a superstar.
• Denis Gurianov – W ($5,900 DK) cannot be stopped right now. Even though he was moved down to the second line he still sees top power play time. Just look at his goals for. There is no need to talk more about it as just like Kyrou we are holding until it is not there anymore.
• Rasmus Andersson – D ($5,100 DK) is not in our main matchups to watch but is in general a player you should know about. We try to highlight trends moving forward just as much as we are trying to win today and it is time we talk about Andersson. He is owning the Flames top power play right now and at 24 years old already looks mature. He is the heir apparent as they fade Giordano and will continue to see his role increase over the season.
• Carter Verhaege – W ($3,800 DK). Hold, hold, hold.
• Eetu Luostarinen – C ($3,100 DK) is a Panthers prospect that is coming in hot. He may be third line but that line is dangerous. He was one of those young guys that was playing in Europe while most of the NHL was sitting around and so he is up to speed. Swap out Kadri for him and spend that extra dough on some of our other expensive wingers like Panarin.
As usual we have to not get ahead of ourselves and cut it here. Go out there and draft your winners with confidence. When you crush it tonight you should brag about it on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX). Catch you on the flip side..
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?