Scoring goals and winning pools is what we do here. All but one of our winger choices scored at least a goal yesterday and got some shots to boot. If you went with our deep sleeper you were mightily rewarded with a goal and four shots for under four grand. Those gems are what keep us up at night studying and paying attention so you do not have to.
Today is much easier with only two games. The Chicago Blackhawks take on the Nashville Predators and the Ottawa Senators are facing the Vancouver Canucks. None of these teams has a winning record so playing the matchup is not going to be our strategy today. We are going with the flow and going after goal scorers as there should be plenty of that happening tonight.
Here’s an Aggressive Lineup For DFS Hockey 1/27/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C B. Horvat $7,000 (DK)
C __________ $5,100 (DK)
W P. Kane $8,000 (DK)
W __________ $4,000 (DK)
W __________ $3,900 (DK)
D R. Josi $6,500 (DK)
D __________ $4,500 (DK)
G J. Saros $8,100 (DK)
U __________ $2,900 (DK)
We are spending large on the big guns today. Bo Horvat continues to go beast mode as he drags the Canucks along behind him and Patrick Kane is Patrick Kane. These two have the scoring touch and are excellent options. Horvat in particular is still undervalued for what he brings to the table. His price is only going to go up so get in low.
Roman Josi had the game we were hoping for when he made the list yesterday. He scored the game winning goal and we think he is coming back to form. He is actually cheaper by a few hundred dollars for some reason and we are happy to take that cut and pass it on to some other solid players.
Juuse Saros had a rough couple games against Dallas but we are not counting him out. We took Rinne yesterday and he got us a win. Saros will bounce back against a thin Chicago team. Our big concern will be Nashville’s offense but if they are to find their feet this is a great game for that.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• Defensive flexibility to be able to afford some more big time players.
• We are building a wagon with a couple guys who are about to blow up.
Pius Suter – C ($5,100 DK). We may talk a lot of smack about the Blackhawks but there are fantasy assets worth keeping an eye on. Suter has taken the opportunity left by Jonathan Toews and he has run with it. Having Kane on his wing only adds value.
Luke Kunin – W ($4,000 DK) has been a little more quiet than we would hope given where he is in his development but we have not given up on him. Pickings are slim today and we are looking to Kunin and his line to step up. He sees some time on the Pred’s second power play and do not overlook his increase in ice time recently. They trust him and so we do too.
Nils Hoglander – W ($3,900 DK). Stack him with Horvat and you should cover your spread for the day. His assist the other day is the kind of grit that coaches and fans go silly for. Sprawled on the ice he managed to slap the puck to his teammate who buried it. He is creative and hard working which produces great results for your fantasy team. Take him before you take Kunin.
Nate Schmidt – D ($4,500 DK) is still finding his spot in Vancouver but they are leaning on him for about twenty minutes a game. That is a lot of opportunity to get shots and blocks which is where he excels. He probably will not light the lamp but his peripherals build you a solid floor to work from.
Dante Fabbro – U ($2,900 DK) is a cheaper Nate Schmidt. The 22 year old was a first round pick in 2016 and this is his second full season in Smashville. He shoots and he blocks. We are not asking a whole lot of him other than saving us some dough to spend on our studs. Take a look and see what you think.
• Elias Pettersson – C ($6,200 DK). Patience is a virtue and at some point it will pay off with Pettersson. He will come back to his elite self at some point the question is when do you pull the trigger on him? There is some juicy value having this caliber of a player be this cheap. If you take Fabbro over Schmidt you can easily replace Suter with Elias and have a much higher ceiling.
• J.T. Miller – W ($5,900 DK) is another player that has not yet warmed up to their potential. Whenever he or Pettersson turn it on the other will immediately benefit. Stack these guys together for a knockout punch while other managers are keeping their distance.
• Duncan Keith – D ($5,200 DK) is a tank. The guy will play until his body gives out on him. His top power play time is the juiciest aspect of his game and tends to give us a peace of mind when we draft him.
Pickings will be slim tonight so take care and double check on goalie starts to make sure who is in net. If you want to brag about taking our advice on Alexander Texier last night go scream it from the mountaintops or on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX). Stay cool and stay safe out there.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?