If you picked Brandon Sutter to score a hat trick last night why are you even reading our articles? We sent out a totally free lineup yesterday because there was only one game and we felt solid about hitting our targets. Horvat and Tkachuk did their thing while Hoglander and Hughes gave us the support we expected. That means that most of the content today is going to be behind the paywall because we built you a powerhouse.
While trying to nudge you into our subscription we want you to know exactly what we bring to the table. Our main goal is to set you up for success. We do not dictate every one of your moves. We give you the options to make a team that makes sense for you. Our lineup today will not hit the full budget because it is designed to give you the flexibility to go after the star players you are buzzing on, to keep a high floor, and make you aware of the budding stars that your opponents will not be talking about for months.
Here’s a Lean Lineup For DFS Hockey 1/26/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C M. Scheifele $7,300 (DK)
C L. Draisaitl $7,100 (DK)
W __________ $5,000 (DK)
W __________ $4,500 (DK)
W __________ $4,000 (DK)
D R. Josi $6,800 (DK)
D J. Chychrun $6,000 (DK)
G __________ $8,500 (DK)
U __________ $3,100 (DK)
It actually feels right that we put Mark Scheifele ahead of Leon Draisaitl. That does not mean that he is the better player over an entire career it just means that right now he is more valuable. We watch a lot of interviews and we saw Scheifele talk about how he wanted to be the best in the world the year that Connor McDavid was entering the league. He is the real deal and is a leader of men. These two offer a ceiling near McDavid and MacKinnon for a cool grand cheaper each.
Roman Josi has started the year slow but he is a season long hold if you play in year long fantasy leagues. He is matched up against Chicago and is hungry for more points. Do not let the Predators start get you worried. Josi will produce.
Jakob Chycrun is going to see both his five on five and power play time increase with Oliver Ekman-Larsson’s injury. He has been building his game even with Ekman-Larsson out there but is poised to take hold of the Coyote’s power play and may not give it up when OEL gets back. The Coyotes put up a heck of a fight against Vegas last week and are hoping to get some breathing room against Anaheim.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• Two Goalies who will see a ton of shots.
• A Wing menu that will leave even the city of Buffalo drooling.
• More recently drafted standouts being given top ice time.
Anton Khudobin – G ($8,500 DK). Dobby has come into the season hot and is playing a Red Wings team that is struggling mighty. Ben Bishop remains out and that makes Khudobin a must own.
Yegor Sharangovich – U ($3,200 DK) is playing on the Devil’s top line with Jack Hughes who is one of our alternates today. He is only 22 but has been playing and succeeding in the KHL. The Russian superleague is not known for playing young guys so it is telling that Yegor has a couple of seasons in the big league under his belt. He and Hughes will be turning heads this year.
Nick Ritchie – W ($3,700 DK). We called Ritchie a few days ago and he delivered. He had a rough start when he joined the Bruins but is finally showing what management traded for. He may still take a stupid penalty here or there but it is because he never quits.
Carter Verhaege – W ($3,500 DK) is another one of our sneaky picks from last week. He moved from the fourth line in Tampa all the way up to the first line with Florida. Having Barkov as your center can only do great things for your stat line. He is very undervalued and is a must own.
Jordan Kyrou – W ($3,400 DK). If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
• Pekka Rinne – G ($8,300 DK). Rinne may have given up the crease to Saros and may be on his way out of the league but he still holds some decent value. With this matchup against Chicago he has a chance to make a lot of saves and make savvy owners more money.
• Jack Hughes – C ($5,100 DK) spent the off season bulking up and it shows. Forget his abysmal year last season and remember that he was drafted first overall for a reason. He has taken the top line from Nico Hischier and has been on an absolute tear.
• Brayden Schenn – C ($5,100 DK). We have one more center for you here today. We have been pumping his linemates’ tires this year but Schenn is putting in the work. Four goals and top power play time make it hard for us to leave him off our roster.
• Conor Garland – W ($5,700 DK) is a bright spot on a tough team. His scoring is a little sporadic but give him credit for having to play Vegas four times already this season. The Ducks have a great goalie but a subpar defense. Give Garland a shot sooner rather than later.
• Travis Konecny – W ($5,300 DK) was missing in action in the second game against Boston. His matchup against New Jersey is much more favorable and his reduction in ice time should just be a blip on the rader. He will get back on track quick.
• Hampus Lindholm – D ($4,400 DK) is a cheap pick with a ton of upside. He has been one of the Duck’s best players and has been putting on a clinic for the past couple games. He will get you a couple shots and blocks and the opportunity for some goals as well.
• Adam Pelech – D ($4,000 DK). If you want some stability in your lineup and want to minimize risk for not much money give Pelech a look. Blocks and shots are a given. He does not get power play time but he makes the most of his ice time and might grab you an assist as a cherry on top.
• Alexander Texier – U ($3,300 DK). Hear ye, hear ye, if this guy is available in your long term fantasy leagues get him now. He can turn you a profit right now having been catapulted to the Blue Jackets top line after Pierre Luc-Dubois was traded and will certainly be making our list if and when he gets Patrik Laine on his wing.
We have to stop ourselves while we are ahead. There is going to be value all over the place today and we have tried to reduce your risk while maintaining high rewards. If you hit it big tonight please let us know on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX) we would love to hear from you. Is there any other way we could help you narrow your choices in a crowded field? Please let us know! Have a great week.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?