We hope you have your snacks warmed and beer cooled for today’s full slate of games. You have eleven to watch and choose from and there is no need for you to spend the time figuring out who to take for your daily fantasy squad. Sit back and relax we are here to help. Our core lineup is based on a solid matchup with Colorado pitted against Anaheim. The rest is us doing our due diligence to find some great value for you.
We also want to take a second to shout out Andrew our NFL guy who has some baller picks for the Conference Championship weekend. He makes it easy for you to jump right in and win if you are not much of a football person yet.
Here’s a Beefy Lineup For DFS Hockey 1/24/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C N. MacKinnon $8,500 (DK)
C __________ $6,800 (DK)
W __________ $5,000 (DK)
W __________ $4,500 (DK)
W __________ $4,000 (DK)
D D. Toews $5,700 (DK)
D __________ $3,300 (DK)
G P. Grubauer $8,400 (DK)
U __________ $3,100 (DK)
Poor John Gibson is going to have his work cut out for him today. With Nathan MacKinnon bearing down on him all night he is going to have to stop a lot of rubber. He is a dark horse for goalie pick today but we are not taking on that risk. Ride MacKinnon as you should.
Devon Toews has come into Colorado and made an immediate impact. He played 25 minutes in his last game and has already gotten three power play points on the year. He is earning his paycheck and is a solid value in daily fantasy. We went light on defense today to offer more power and flexibility in our winger positions.
Philip Grubauer is the assumed starter right now with Francouz day to day. You know we are big on value our goalies based on the offense in front of them and Colorado is clicking. Set him up and watch your competition fall.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• A boatload of power wingers to choose from.
• An undervalued center.
• A couple of cheap but strong fillers.
Leon Draisaitl – C ($6,800 DK). Why is Drai cheaper than Nugent-Hopkins? We do not know how he became undervalued but here we are. We would still consider playing him if he cost the max like MacKinnon. This is just stupidly good value.
Denis Gurianov – W ($5,000 DK). We put him in our lineup for Dallas’ first game and he scored us a goal. You cannot ask for more than that. He remains on the top line with Seguin recovering from his surgery last year. Snipers have to snipe.
Kailer Yamamoto – W ($4,500 DK). If you are going with Drai you have to stack Yams. The two are on a tear and are catching Winnipeg at the end of a back-to-back and if you watched last nights game you know they are giving up goals right now.
Miles Wood – W ($4,400 DK). We may be a broken record when it comes to spinning Wood but he has been amazing this year. His last game did not net him many points but he is maintaining his 16 minutes on ice playtime and we will take the hit to his price and invest it in our other studs.
Noah Dobson – D ($3,300 DK). In a few short years Dobson may own the Islanders power play. It is still Pulock’s for the time being but he is being groomed. He blocks shots and shoots occasionally and for his low price we are happy to plug him in and see what other gems are hidden around the league.
Jordan Kyrou – U ($3,100 DK). Stop us if you have heard this one already. Second line on a top team for only three grand and we are sold. We picked him last game and he got us five shots. Well worth the risk. His time on ice is more limited than we would like but he is using it well.
• Anton Khudobin ($8,000 DK) started his season with a shutout and an offense that dropped seven on Nashville. They are probably not repeating that today but Dobby is always willing to stand on his head to make you some money.
• Evgeni Malkin ($6,100 DK) is slowly getting his groove back. It is what Geno does. Get in now while the price is still as juicy as it gets. The Penguins are playing an unsure Rangers team and Malkin is likely to do some damage.
• Joe Pavelski ($5,700 DK) was a beast for us in the playoffs last year and he came out swinging against Nashville. We are not expecting a repeat of 36 fantasy points but we would take half that.
• Timo Meier ($5,900 DK) is due. For someone who takes as many shots as Timo does we have to feel like a goal is coming up. There has been a bit of a drought lately but he did have to play the Blues a couple times and we do love taking Binnington. His line is solid and will be aggressive tonight against the Wild.
• Nik Ehlers ($5,300 DK) is sometimes forgotten about up in Winnipeg. Scheifele, Wheeler, Connor and formerly Laine got all the media minutes but Ehlers has been grinding away doing a great job for the Jets. He offers a ton of value against a team that has been letting in goals left and right.
• Mike Hoffman ($4,100 DK) is an absolute steal down here. He is still getting used to his new team and minutes are down but their third line still does damage. He is centered by the up and coming Robert Thomas and when he is on cannot help but score points.
We hope that is enough on your plate for a full day. There are still so many more great players we would love to have on our team but we have to call it somewhere. Tell us how you are crushing it over on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX) and soak in the all the sports this weekend has to offer. Don’t forget our offerings on the NFL for the Conference Championship weekend. We got a sneak peek at what Andrew has behind the paywall and we are loving it.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?