All is fair in love and fantasy and Dallas boomed us yesterday. They went off for seven goals on the Nashville Predators and let everyone know how they made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. The Sabres did Sabre things and lost to a depleted Capitals team. We went and swung for the fences and missed. It happens to the best of us. We will be going for a more conservative approach today to see if we can reverse that momentum.
Here’s a Solid Lineup For DFS Hockey 1/23/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C P. Bergeron $7,900 (DK)
C __________ $5,700 (DK)
W B. Marchand $7,400 (DK)
W __________ $3,300 (DK)
W A. Lehkonen $2,600 (DK)
D __________ $6,500 (DK)
D __________ $5,200 (DK)
G C. Price $8,000 (DK)
U __________ $2,700 (DK)
Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand clearly miss having David Pastrnak around but are still producing at or around a point per game. The revolving door on the right wing is of little concern although Jake DeBrusk has been playing well and should be on the scoresheet more than he is.
Carey Price will be backstopping a Canadiens team that is on fire right now. All they are doing is scoring and it is coming from up and down the lineup. The loss of Joel Armia is a tough one as he brings a ton of grit and hustle but there are other good players waiting in the wings that we will be jumping on today. More on that beyond the paywall.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• More sneaky replacements for injuries.
• Overperforming depth pieces that have been elevated to better lines.
• Bombproof defensemen.
Nick Suzuki – C ($5,700 DK). If you have been a subscriber for awhile you will not be surprised about this one. He is still a great value on a high flying team. If there is one thing to watch for in Suzuki’s game it is how much fun he is having. We have fun watching him and you will have fun drafting him.
Nick Ritchie – W ($3,300) has been excelling on the Bruin’s second line. He used to be more of a throwaway third line grinder but he has been making the most of his opportunity. The best part is that he has David Krejci on his line who just makes sweet silky passes to his linemates to get them shots on goal.
Arturri Lehkonen – W ($2,600 DK). Steal alert! With Armia and Byron both out Lehkonen is poised to succeed. On other teams with less right wing depth he would be fighting for a second line spot. Even last year he spent some time on the top line with Danault. Do not let him slip away.
Jeff Petry – D ($6,500 DK) is another guy we trust week in and week out. He is a power play genius and has been a solid back end presence for the Habs. He is over a point per game right now and at this price we are not doubting him for a second.
Colton Parayko – D ($5,200 DK). We love our shot takers and blockers here and that is what Parayko does for you. He is a little pricey for his ceiling but against the Kings we are confident he will get the job done.
Nolan Patrick – U ($3,400 DK). Patrick is still finding his game but for his efforts he has several assists and a goal already. We are jumping on this wagon early before everyone else does. Check him out and see what he brings to the table. He will be dominating the league in no time.
• Jordan Binnington ($8,500 DK). The Blues have been playing solidly and have a juicy matchup against Los Angeles. The Kings will have their hands full with this squad and Binnington is a good play today.
• Mark Scheifele ($7,200 DK) has been on an absolute tear to start the season and there is no reason to sit him. We are probably starting him over Patrice and you dear subscriber get all the secret lineup advice.
• Tyler Toffoli ($5,100 DK) literally cannot stop scoring against his old team. He already has five goals against Vancouver and is already playing them a third time tonight. We would not normally chase a hat trick but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder and we are not standing in the way of that.
• Matt Grzelcyk ($4,900 DK) could be easily swapped in for Parayko to save you some dough. Top power play time on the Boston Bruins is a goldmine. He has a lower floor than Parayko but a higher ceiling. Maybe it is time to roll the dice.
That is all we have for today. May your goalies stop all the shots and you snipers score all the goals. Hit us up on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX) and let people know how you did. Enjoy your full day of hockey on Saturday we sure will be. Cheers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?