The biggest mismatch in today’s games is between the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Columbus Blue Jackets. With reported drama in the locker room in Columbus and a lackluster start to the year we are going to highlight Tampa as the team to own. We have put those players in our free list for today plus one more cheap option to get your team started.
Here’s a Deep Lineup For DFS Hockey 1/21/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C B. Point $7,400 (DK)
C __________ $6,900 (DK)
W __________ $6,800 (DK)
W __________ $4,700 (DK)
W T. Johnson $2,600 (DK)
D __________ $5,300 (DK)
D __________ $5,000 (DK)
G A. Vasilevski $8,300 (DK)
U O. Lindblom $3,000 (DK)
Brayden Point is a superstar who has superstars on his wing. One of those is gone for the season with Kucherov’s surgery but do not let that fool you. Point and Stamkos together are still deadly. Their other wing Ondrej Palat is no slouch either having scored quite a few goals in the playoffs last year.
Tyler Johnson is at nearly minimum price and yet plays on the second line on one of the top teams in the league. He missed the first game of the year due to Tampa having to skirt around salary cap violations but when he came back he made an impact scoring an assist. Look for him to keep that magic going.
We know the pain of finding a good goalie. It is the most volatile position in the sport and so dependent on the team in front of them. That is why we are going with the consistent-as-possible Andre Vasilevski. Perennial Vezina Award contender and current Stanley Cup winning goalie. You know what to do.
To have battled bone cancer and have come back to play at a high level is nothing short of amazing. Oskar Lindblom was a highly touted prospect before getting hit with the devastating news. He persevered and is back with a vengeance. We are not sure why he is so cheap having already scored two goals and an assist in four games but we will take that deal all day.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• Some hot picks from across the rest of the slate of games.
• Two must own defensemen.
• A couple pests that you hate to play against but love to have on your team.
Mark Scheifele – C ($6,900 DK) is working on hitting his stride with a team that we all know can make a deep run but always feels just a little shaky. His floor is high as he takes lots of shots and once the Jets get their power play going he will be hard to stop. Look for them to make some noise tonight against an upstart Senators team.
Did you think that one of the pests was going to be Brad Marchand? If you did you were wrong because we are hopping over to new Senators star Brady Tkachuck – W ($6,800 DK). He does it all and is one of those guys that make us wish hits counted for points in DFS. If you have not gotten to watch him play use this opportunity to start following him. He is what this sport needs right now.
Miles Wood – W ($5,300 DK) was one of our alternate picks a couple days ago and has earned himself a spot in our premier lineup. He has a point every game so far and we are happy to keep playing him.
Quinn Hughes – D ($5,300 DK) has been a little spotty getting points so far this year but we are unconcerned. He is another high floor guy with all the potential you could ask for.
Devon Toews – D ($5,000 DK). You may have thought this would be Cale Makar but we are seeing that Toews is just a power play animal and we have to wonder if he may end up sneaking top time away from Cale. Save the $1,600 and put it towards your favorite super star.
• Phillip Grubauer ($8,500 DK) is going to get the nod against the Kings as Pavel Francouz is battling a lower body injury. There is really no difference here between Grubauer or Vasilevski. Take your favorite and buckle up for the ride.
• Kevin Hayes ($6,000 DK) is one of the most important players on the Philadelphia Flyers. He brings energy and style and some skill to boot. In the absence of Sean Couturier he has assumed top line duties. There is an argument here that he deserves Mark Scheifele’s spot in our lineup to save $900 to spend elsewhere. Steal alert!
• Bo Horvat ($5,800 DK). There are just so many amazing centers today that we are not sure what to do with ourselves. Horvat is proving everyone wrong by scoring goals all over the place. We have been shouting his name from the rooftops for awhile now and are realizing maybe we should buy a bullhorn because people still do not seem to get it.
• Anders Lee ($6,500 DK). If you swap Scheifele out with one of those two alternate centers you can now afford another of the league’s best pests. As much as we love Marchand he is a bit too rich for our taste with Pastrnak still out. Lee is getting done for the Islanders and is at a reasonable strike price.
• Ondrej Palat ($5,800 DK). Not to put too fine a point on it but Palat is worth a deep look. If you stack him with Point you have some game breaking potential.
• Alexander Romanov ($4,300 DK). No surprise here. We are still enjoying watching this young gun play and happy to take the shot floor he gives us while also occasionally hitting on him scoring a goal.
Hit us up on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX) if you have any requests for new types of NHL content or if you hit it big and want to let the world know. Have a great rest of your day.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?