We hope you enjoyed our full article yesterday as we hit big on some unlikely characters. We were able to afford Travis Konecny by picking up Patric Hornqvist and Carter Verhaege both of whom scored two goals. Konecny got one as well and we hit our spread. Today we will be looking again at a full spectrum of players and not just superstars. The NHL is a deep league and superstars are easy to pick but finding value in the middle is where we excel.
The two matchups we are focusing on today will be Montreal vs Vancouver and Toronto vs Edmonton. Montreal has started red hot while Vancouver has had trouble finding consistency. Toronto has not had the smoothest start but it has been better than Edmontons and their goalie situation is a bit better.
Here’s a Deep Lineup For DFS Hockey 1/20/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C J. Tavares $6,600 (DK)
C N. Suzuki $5,400 (DK)
W __________ $6,100 (DK)
W __________ $5,300 (DK)
W __________ $4,200 (DK)
D __________ $6,000 (DK)
D __________ $5,800 (DK)
G F. Andersen $8,100 (DK)
U J. Kyrou $2,800 (DK)
Let us address Jordan Kyrou first who is not in our selected slate of games. Our free deep sleeper is on the second line for the St. Louis Blues and has been doing damage early. Simply put his price is too good to pass up.
Secondly notice that if you do choose that lineup you will have $1,400 left over to upgrade where you would like and have the flexibility with our alternates. We want you to make the team you want not tell you who to pick.
John Tavares has been an absolute beast to start the year. We wonder if he is first line over Matthews these days. For the savings and productivity gain we have to go with him right now. The captain is leading and we are following. He will be out in front of Freddie Andersen who may have his detractors but is a solid goalie in his own right and enjoys a lot of firepower in front of him.
News travels fast and you may have already heard about Nick Suzuki. The small center has a fire bigger than his body. He plays a full 200 foot game and brings a new energy to a Montreal team that has struggled to find consistency in the past few years. Like Tavares we are not sure if he is not really the top line guy for this team as he is outplaying Philip Danault at the moment.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• High end options at discounts to build your favorite squad.
• A slate of high shooting Wingers.
• Yes one more young Russian making a name for himself.
William Nylander – W ($6,100 DK) plays on Tavares wing and the young Swede has found the confidence we have been hoping for for the last two years. Solid player and all the upside you can ask for.
Zack Hyman – W ($4,200 DK) is one more Maple Leaf that we have to have in our lineup. He had ten shots in his last game. Who needs goals when you can get that many points by buying a guy who just wants to pull the trigger? Some of those are bound to go in and when they do you will be at the top of the class.
Josh Anderson – W ($5,300 DK) is Suzuki’s right hand man and has found a great home in Montreal. He spent most of last year injured and with many peoples memories being as short as they are people forgot about Josh. He is an offensive dynamo playing a skilled center willing to go to every part of the ice to make a play.
Jeff Petry – D ($5,800 DK) is a fine wine that just gets better with age. In three games he has two goals, three assists, with blocks and shots to back that up. Not much to say here he just does not quit.
A. Romanov – D ($4,300 DK). We know you are sick of all the young Russians who are tearing the league up. Just kidding we know you love it. Romanov is exploding on the scene and makes Montreal’s backend that much deeper.
• Jordan Binnington ($8,300 DK) is playing against a San Jose team that is thin on high end talent. Their top line is elite but it falls apart past that. Binnington has one of the top teams in the league in front of him and is always a strong start.
• Mitch Marner ($6,900 DK) is affordable with the extra cash you should have lying around. Feel free to upgrade Nylander with Marner who will certainly end the season at over a point per game.
• Evander Kane ($6,600 DK) may be on a team that we are fading a bit but he is nearly unstoppable on the ice. As long as he is successful the Sharks have a chance and Kane will put everything on the line to make that happen.
• Conor Garland ($5,500 DK). The Arizona Coyotes have sneaky threats all up and down their lineup. Garland is one of them averaging over three shots per game. He has a few points to go with that and is a solid play today.
• Brock Boeser ($5,100 DK) is doing an amazing job of putting the past year behind him. He is a man on a mission and looks stellar out on the ice. Do not worry about the whole team around him he is a playmaker and will generate the offense he needs to succeed.
You may still have enough cash to upgrade to a McDavid or Matthews and we totally support that decision. We hope we found you the options to put together the strongest squad you can.
Who do you think will be a sleeper today? Let us know on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX)!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?