Everyone except for Dallas has played a game and we are finally starting to get a picture of where the league is at from a competitive standpoint. Teams that had players playing across the ocean during the pandemic are seeing some small advantages and these early points are proving harder to come by than some expected. We have some heavy hitters for you today and a few guys who have been in the league this year that are about to breakout.
Did you play our cheap pick Pius Suter yesterday? He was modest but picked up an assist and hopefully a few new fans.
Here’s a Monster Lineup For DFS Hockey 1/18/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C C. McDavid $8,400 (DK)
C __________ $6,700 (DK)
W K. Kaprizov $5,000 (DK)
W __________ $4,400 (DK)
W __________ $4,300 (DK)
D M. Rielly $6,200 (DK)
D __________ $3,800 (DK)
G __________ $8,500 (DK)
U W. Foegele $2,500 (DK)
Carey Price recently said that he believes Connor McDavid is the best player in the world right now. We tend to agree and until further notice are probably dropping whatever cash it costs to have him on our team.
K. Kaprizov has already met expectations and is exactly what we thought he was. He is smooth skating and confident with the puck having already scored an overtime winner and assisting on another.
Maple Leaf fans breathed a collective sigh of relief when they picked up T.J. Brodie to help out Morgan Rielly. Rielly has needed that defensive partner who will allow him to flex his offensive muscles. We expect that he will be getting more than a few votes for the Norris Trophy by season’s end.
We are trying to get you all the free content you can handle and think you might be interested in putting Warren Foegele on your radar. He is our bargain basement pick of the day and even though he is on the third line he can slot in anywhere. If you end up using any of our alternates he would be the guy to upgrade but he is a key piece giving the Hurricanes some sneaky depth. Stay tuned.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• A stud goalie who will be the foundation for your winnings.
• A couple more fourth year breakouts.
• An older defenseman that has found some new life.
Jonathan Tavares – C ($6,700 DK). The Leafs captain is somehow a sleeper pick when he has Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner getting all the attention. He is the captain for a reason and he is off to a torrid start to the season. Net front presence and a high IQ for the game make him way more valuable than his price.
Zach Hyman – W ($4,300 DK). Sticking with the Leafs for a moment go check out Hyman. He bounces around lines a bit but it is because he is trusted in a lot of situations. He can play on the top line if need be and he has already found the back of the net. He is a late bloomer but just because he is 28 does not mean he cannot have a true breakout season. His time is now.
Luke Kunin – W ($4,400 DK). One of our hot takes before he was traded from Minnesota to Nashville was that he was a dark horse to become a top two center for the Wild. Where most people tend to make their biggest gains around 200 games played he is already showing his first round draft pick value in under 150. Everyone was pumping Kevin Fiala’s tires while Kunin was proving that his potential is even higher.
Travis Hamonic – D ($3,800 DK). Now that might be a name you were not expecting to see here. The 30 year old is on his third NHL team in Vancouver but he seems to have found a good home. He is paired with Quinn Hughes and will look to provide some safety and mentorship for the emerging superstar. That does not help your fantasy team though so do not worry he has already put up two assists in three games and that toothless grin screams blocked shots.
Robin Lehner – G ($8,500 DK) may be a gametime decision and we have not heard who is starting but our bet is on him. His first game may not have been his best effort but he will get back into the groove in no time. He will be facing the Coyotes anemic offense and the Knights are already playing clutch hockey. He is a great backstop and we have confidence that he will stand tall tonight.
• Carter Hart ($8,400 DK). If only we could put goalies into our Utility spot. We would bend over backwards to put Hart in against Buffalo. They have more offensive potential than the Coyotes which is why Lehner got the nod but Hart plays on one of the best teams in the league and will be putting up crazy numbers this year,
• Mark Stone ($7,000 DK) is now the proud captain of the Golden Knights. He is everything they want in a leader on and off the ice. He set up Max Pacioretty for a thrilling overtime time win seven seconds in the other day and is a point per game player. Steady as she goes.
• Matthew Tkachuk ($6,900 DK) is a force to be reckoned with. If we ever get to see him and his brother on the same team every other team in the league would be terrified of them. He is physical and will do absolutely anything to get a goal. It seems like more often than not he is in a heap while celebrating because of how hard he went to score. He is on fire right now.
We could spend all day writing out alternate picks because there is so much talent on the board. We won’t do that as you still need to get to your day. Roll out the big guns and let the little guys fill in the cracks.
Hit us up on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX) and enjoy those winnings. Have a good one.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?