Welcome back to your one stop shop for all things DFS related. Once you are done setting your hockey lineup go peruse our other offerings. We have put together a top tier team of fantasy experts across a ton of sports (NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, PGA and League of Legends). It is only $99 per year for an all-access pass to each and every one. We guarantee your success so strongly that we are offering you your first month free to make sure you love FantasyDFSExperts.com before you pay us for the year. On top of that we are giving away more free picks because we know what is behind the paywall is worth every penny.
Today only has two matchups so we have been extra diligent in trying to figure out who the hot hands are to play. If we give you one tip overall it is hold on the Florida Panthers. This will be their first game of the season and they are bound to have some rust. This is a great chance for a depleted Chicago lineup to do some damage and start getting some points in the standing. In terms of talent to pick we went for the veterans who have shown year in and year out why they will be in the Hall of Fame.
Here’s a Generational Talent Oriented Lineup For DFS Hockey 1/17/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C S. Crosby $7,400 (DK)
C __________ $4,500 (DK)
W A. Ovechkin $8,500 (DK)
W __________ $7,200 (DK)
W __________ $3,500 (DK)
D __________ $3,700 (DK)
D __________ $3,500 (DK)
G __________ $8,000 (DK)
U Pius Suter $3,900 (DK)
Did you know that we also give you some alternate ideas to spice up your lineup? It is all about flexibility here and you making your team. We are just here to facilitate all your options. There will be some money left over with this lineup so you will get to play with our advice.
Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin need no introduction. Stanley Cup winners, record breakers and the faces of their respective franchise for almost 15 years now. Set them and forget them.
Pius Suter is a new face in the NHL but will be turning 25 in just a couple of months. He has been tearing up the Swiss league for years and has been slotted into the Top 6 in Chicago. He has Dominik Kubalik (one of our alternates today) on his wing and looks to see some time on the second power play. He is a no risk gamble and an interesting player to keep your eye on.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• Another Hall of Famer in the making.
• An unlikely goalie start.
• A likely Calder Trophy (rookie of the year) contender.
Dylan Strome – C ($4,500 DK) is the top center in Chicago. He is already scoring goals and putting a ton of rubber on net. We are stacking him with Patrick Kane which makes a formidable duo. He is using Jonathan Toews absence well and we appreciate his efforts.
Patrick Kane – W ($7,200 DK) does not need an introduction either. Elite talent on a sub par team. The Blackhawks may be in rebuild mode after winning multiple Stanley Cups but they have pieces like Kane to build around and he continues to lead by example. He is coming up on his 1000th game but is well past that in points. Set him and forget him.
Brandon Tanev – W ($3,500 DK). We move over to the Penguins now who are going to have their hands full with Washington. This is always a good game and Tanev knows what is at stake. Pittsburgh’s third line has been grinding and he has found the back of the net already this season. He is a sneaky depth pick that will put you ahead.
Adam Boqvist – D ($3,500 DK) is a first round draft pick from 2018. This is his rookie season and he is already showing why he deserved such a high pick. He is using his time on the top power play wisely and has been dishing assists. He has a low floor from a shots and blocks perspective but those will start coming.
Brian Dumolin – D ($3,700 DK) is someone we affectionately call a Band-Aid Boy. He has had a lot of injuries over the years but it is from playing hard and doing everything for his team. He is on the top pair with Kris Letang and will surprise you with points.
Malcolm Subban – G ($7,300) is not someone we will be recommending regularly. He is going to have a tough season with the Blackhawks but this is one of his best shots to get a win under his belt. He has a lot of skill and we are using the goalie savings to pump up our offensive numbers.
• Chris Driedger ($8,100 DK) is the better goalie in this contest but this is the first game of the season and we have no idea what he looks like. If you are high on the Panthers upside we get it. We are looking forward to their next game to give you some more deep picks with the young talent they have.
• Evgeni Malkin ($6,800 DK). We gave you some flexibility with your money today and Malkin is a great splurge with that extra cash. It is all elite talent on the board today. Take your pick.
• Jake Guentzel ($6,700 DK) is a deadly weapon on the Penguin’s offense. He has greater than a point a game upside and was absolutely dominating last year before he was hurt. He is skating with Crosby and the pair have great chemistry and are nearly impossible to stop.
• Tom Wilson ($5,700 DK) started his career as an enforcer and is known for hitting anything that moves. He is starting to show that he has some true skill as well and is transitioning to a points scoring game. Pair him with Ovechkin and you have two juggernauts who will not stop.
• Dominik Kubalik ($4,400 DK) just likes scoring goals. His rookie year saw him net 30 which is incredible given the shortened season. The Blackhawks are going to lean on him with some of their talent sidelined to begin the year. It was hard leaving him off our main roster and is worth a solid look for yourself. We are confident in him.
Get those picks in and get ready for a ton of new names that will be coming down the pipeline. The NHL is seeing a wave of new talent coming in from the 2018 class and we are getting them ready to insert into your lineup to propel you to victory.
Have a great week and let us know about your wins on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX). We would love to hear from you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?