Our gamble paid off last night when we went with Darcy Kuemper in net. Tons of saves and an eventual shootout win. We would like to send a thank you card and some flowers to Connor Garland who scored the tying goal with less than one second remaining in regulation. The series between the Coyotes and the Blues is tilted in favor of the desert dogs and we still have another couple to go. What a schedule this season.
To make our lives easier over here we are focusing on a couple matchups that should yield the best value. Shockingly we are picking the Tampa Bay Lightning over the Nashville Predators and on the other side of the country we are taking the Vegas Golden Knights over the Anaheim Ducks.
Here’s a Shiny Lineup For DFS Hockey 2/9/21 (using DraftKings Values)
We tend to focus on the goaltender first and whatever money we have afterwards goes to defense but we are beefing up our blueline today. Victor Hedman stands 6’6” tall and is an imposing force to have to deal with. He is a major reason for the Lightning’s success and we are putting him on our top pedestal today.
We have an interesting free stack for you today between Cody Glass and Alex Tuch. Both are on the Golden Knight’s third line but you might not guess that by their numbers. Tuch is at almost a point per game and Glass is playing top power play these days. This depth is part of the reason their team makes it so far in the playoffs.
That is it for the free stuff today. We have a ton of other guys we are big on behind the paywall and they will stay locked back there for now. Get that free month subscription while it lasts.
Now what do you get if you sign up for your free month now?
• Rookie of the year candidate.
• A discounted high end goalie.
• A top center steal.
Leon Draisaitl – C ($8,200 DK) is one of the best players in the world. Twenty five points in fourteen games is an absurd statistic. He is more likely to get two points than none in a given game and is an absolute beast. We love McDavid but we also love having $800 extra to play with.
Philip Kurashev – C ($3,700 DK) is Chicago’s top line center right now. We are unsure if Toews is even going to play this season so we keep an extra eye on who the top Blackhawk is. With Kane on his wing he has access to top tier talent. Great cheap option for the day.
Alex Killorn – W ($4,600 DK). This veteran winger is one of our go to middle of the road picks. Under $5000 for a guy who shoots a decent amount and scores on occasion. Nashville’s goalies have not had the best week so we are looking for one of those scoring occasions to be tonight.
Zach Hyman – W ($4,700 DK) is the other Maple Leaf we are targeting today. He is up on the top line with Marner and Matthews and has been a reliable pickup all season.
Tim Stuetzle – W ($4,000 DK) is the second best German on our squad today. His shot totals and time on ice have been steadily increasing as the rookie phenom continues to prove why he was drafted so high. Try and find some time to watch him play. Wunderbar!
Alec Martinez – D ($5,600 DK) is a peripheral beast. He plays well over twenty minutes a game and is seeing some time on the power play. The Golden Knights defensive core is incredibly dangerous with all the weapons they have in their armory.
Andre Vasilevskiy – G ($8,000 DK). Hot take: Bolt team good. We are not sure why he is discounted so heavily today. He took yesterday off and gave Curtis McIlhenny his first start of the season and first win in a year. He should be back tonight but double check before you submit your picks.
• Sergei Bobrovsky – G ($8,300 DK). If for some reason Vasilevskiy is not starting go for Bobrovsky. He is not having a great season but he is up against an anemic Red Wings team that is having trouble finding the back of the net.
• Mark Scheifele – C ($6,500 DK) will be leading the Jets into battle against the Flames tonight. This series has been everything we wanted it to be and will continue to be pure entertainment as well as an opportunity for a lot of goals. Save a ton on Draisaitl and go big with our next pick.
• Kyle Connor – W ($6,200 DK) is a goal scorer. That is what we are drafting him for and anything else is gravy. He is as underrated as they come and deserves a much bigger spotlight.
• Shea Theodore – D ($7,200 DK). Stack him with Martinez and save a couple hundred bucks over Hedman. Shea may be the sharpest sword in Vegas’ defensive shed and offers a ton of offensive upside. We do not envy John Gibson tonight.
We hope you enjoy our heavy hitting defensemen and German youngsters today and that they bring you all the fantasy points. If they do go off let us know about your victory on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX). Prost!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?