The Sharks may not have won but our Devan Dubnyk pick still would have netted you a lot of points and it allowed for picking up both Connor McDavid and Auston Matthews who put up three goals, an assist, and eight shots between them. We are taking a similar path today to try and get you as many points as possible.
Let us focus on the Stars vs Blackhawks and the Panthers vs Red Wings games. In particular we want to celebrate how well the Stars and Panthers are playing rather than dumping on the Hawks and Wings. They are scoring goals in bunches and even with their highest paid goaltenders being sidelined they have solid backups that are allowing them to thrive.
Here’s a Flexible Lineup For DFS Hockey 2/7/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C A. Barkov $7,600 (DK)
C J. Pavelski $7,100 (DK)
W __________ $4,000 (DK)
W __________ $3,300 (DK)
W __________ $3,200 (DK)
D __________ $6,400 (DK)
D __________ $6,000 (DK)
G J. Oettinger $7,400 (DK)
U __________ $3,500 (DK)
Choosing between Jake Oettinger and Chris Driedger is tough. Oettinger is cheaper but Driedger is going up against a worse offense. That makes Jake the higher risk but cheaper option. The tricky part for us is trying to use that savings to sniff out who will score a goal tonight. Challenge accepted.
Alexander Barkov is on fire right now. He has seven points in his last four games and is leading the Panthers towards the playoffs. They are looking great to start the season and their captain is a huge reason for that.
Joe Pavelski continues to do Pavelski things and is out of control from a point scoring view. He is the top center for the Stars right now and that will not be changing anytime soon. The money we save with these top two centers is going to give us a really deep lineup.
Now what do you get if you sign up for your free month now?
• A first, a second and a third line winger to give you depth.
• A baller defensemen that we should not be able to afford.
• Access to our awesome Super Bowl lineups from our amazing NFL writer!
Shea Theodore – D ($7,300 DK). We are jumping over to Vegas really quick because there is a solid matchup against the Kings who are likely to be running their backup goaltender tonight. Shea is top five for shots coming from the blueline. He is top powerplay and we do not need to explain more. He is a stud.
Aaron Ekblad – D ($6,000 DK). Do not read into the possibility that Ekblad is being shifted off the power play. He is getting his time and has been scoring on the man advantage. Decent price for a great player. You can also take a look at Keith Yandle if you are looking for some savings with a similar upside.
Alex Tuch – W ($4,000 DK). We can afford either Tuch or Reilly Smith and we are going with Tuch. Save a couple hundred bucks and get a guy who is producing at a better pace. Smith is having a tough go of it and we like him long term but are going to hold off for now.
Jason Dickinson – W ($3,300 DK) was toiling away as the Star’s fourth line center for the last few years. He has seen his ice time go up as he has moved to the second line on the wing. It is a super fun line with Roope Hintz and Denis Gurianov and he has gotten up to a half point a game while playing with these guys. He is a sleeper but is in a contract year and is proving his worth.
Brock McGinn – W ($3,200 DK). If you have been a subscriber for any amount of time you know we love finding cheap guys that have moved up to top positions. McGinn is on the top line in Carolina getting to play with Sebastian Aho and Andre Svechnikov. Consider rolling that whole line if you can find the budget.
Jack Roslovic – U ($3,500 DK) is the next guy in the carousel to play as Columbus’ top center. We have no problem swinging and missing on this pick with the opportunity to feed Patrick Laine pucks. Roslovic is a hometown boy and the move from Winnipeg has been a big shot in the arm for him.
• Chris Driedger – G ($8,200 DK). No surprise here. Good goalie versus bad team. He may end up being considered the starter once we finally declare Bobrovsky a bust.
• Sebastian Aho – C ($6,800 DK). Save some cash on someone like Pavelski who has to slow down at some point right? Aho is cruising along at a point per game clip and is always a good play. He has not exploded yet this year and so a big game is due.
• Anthony Duclair – W ($5,000 DK). Duke has not gotten a point in four games but is still flirting with a point per game pace. Playing on Barkov’s line is a gift and we think he will capitalize on that tonight.
• John Klingberg – W ($6,400 DK). If you want to save a cool grand on Shea Theodore to get yourself some more expensive wingers this is the place to do it. Klingberg is the main guy in Dallas right now with Miro Heiskanen playing backup. He gets the juicy power play time and has been productive.
There should be quite a bit of flexibility for you today so go out there and make that roster your own. When you hit big please celebrate your win and let people know how awesome you are over on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX). Do not forget to go check out our NFL offerings for the Super Bowl today if you want to see more of what we do. Eat, drink, and be merry!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?