We are bringing out the big guns today to try and get the biggest point totals. To do that we are looking to the west and at an interesting matchup that may yield some eye opening value. The San Jose Sharks beat the Anaheim Ducks last night 5-4. Tonight the Sharks will be running with a fresher goalie and already put up points on the Ducks favored backstop. Look to exploit the mismatch here.
Here’s an MVP Lineup For DFS Hockey 2/6/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C C. McDavid $8,600 (DK)
C A. Matthews $8,400 (DK)
W __________ $8,300 (DK)
W __________ $4,900 (DK)
W __________ $3,600 (DK)
D __________ $5,000 (DK)
D __________ $4,100 (DK)
G D. Dubnyk $7,400 (DK)
U __________ $3,700 (DK)
The key to this strategy working is Devan Dubnyk. After coming over from the Wild he has seen a huge reduction in workload and that shift appears to have paid off for him. He has been playing well and will be the freshest guy on the ice tonight at the tail end of a back-to-back.
Going with our discount goalie strategy has given us the pleasure of drafting Connor McDavid and Auston Matthews. Both have been putting up insane point totals and McDavid even dropped backed to a normal superstar price. We do not need to convince you to draft these guys. Enjoy.
Now what do you get if you sign up for your free month now?
• A handful of wingers in good position to do some damage.
• Young powerplay quarterback defensemen.
• Some alternatives to give you some flexibility around Center.
Quinn Hughes – D ($5,400 DK) just keeps putting up points. We would love it if he put up more shots consistently and that some of those turned into goals but Hughes remains a consistent and affordable play.
Noah Dobson – D ($4,500 DK) has taken over top power play time from Ryan Pulock so we see a steal here. The Islanders have been having trouble scoring goals but they will turn that around soon enough. Dobson is growing fast and will take over a top spot sooner rather than later.
Kevin Labanc – W ($3,600 DK) did not score any points last night but he was on the ice for a lot of the goals. He has been active and playing well. He did manage a rare shootout goal along with our next pick so keep an eye on him. The Ducks have to go with a tired netminder or one that just turned 40. Labanc should get lucky tonight.
Ryan Donato – W ($3,000 DK) had a decent night as well. He had an assist and a shootout goal and looked pretty solid. He is on a decent second power play unit and just like Labanc has a great matchup against an opposing goalie. Super cheap but super high potential.
Jesse Puljujarvi – W ($4,500 DK) is on Connor McDavid’s wing. Savvy?
Jason Zucker – U ($4,200 DK) has been picking up his game lately with three goals in his last four games. He is a nice little bow on today’s gift to you.
• Elias Lindholm – C ($6,300 DK). If you are looking for some wiggle room to go after a Marner or more expensive goalie then Elias is your guy. He is always good for shots and more often than not good for some points. Stack him with Dillon Dube ($3,000 DK) for some extra goodness.
• Jake Muzzin – D ($4,800 DK). Toronto is crushing it right now and firing on all cylinders. Muzzin enjoyed a two assist night and is a solid grinder to put your money on.
• Nick Leddy – D ($3,800 DK) scored a power play goal in his last game. The Islanders split power play time pretty evenly so we would not say he is on the second one. He is getting great minutes and comes in at a great price.
We are rolling the dice today but are feeling great about it. We hope you enjoy the hot takes here. If they are too spicy for you let us know over on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX) and have a spectacular weekend.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?