Today’s slate is a five-game Friday which allows for some action but needs careful navigation to get maximum daily fantasy hockey action. The matchup between the hapless Detroit Red Wings and the all-powerful Tampa Bay Lightning has me leaning hard towards Andrei Vasilevsky as an expensive goalie pick because you need the win and Detroit is likely to lose this game (and many of the games for the rest of the year). I don’t trust the defense in Philly as the Flyers – Bruins games have been like playoff games this year. I got value in that game but I am staying away from the goaltending situation there. The Sharks – Ducks game is a 2020-level dumpster fire. There are some Florida Panther players that have been rocking some serious fantasy points. Let’s dig in for a lineup, what say you?
Here’s a Sweet Lineup For DFS Hockey 2/5/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C ___________ $8,300 (DK)
C ___________ $4,100 (DK)
W J. van Riemsdyk $4,800 (DK)
W B. Marchand $7,900 (DK)
W ___________ $3,300 (DK)
D ___________ $4,000 (DK)
D ___________ $3,800 (DK)
G A. Vasilevskiy $8,500 (DK)
U J. Farabee $3,700 (DK)
Vasilevskiy ($8,500 DK) at his price has the match up of the night and I want to splurge on him. Tampa Bay is a team off assassins. Vasilevskiy’s numbers are gaudy this year including wins, save percentage and goals against. We can make up for the budget elsewhere. We need the win.
J. van Riemsdyk ($4,800 DK) is on fire in Philly and a killer value at his price. He’s scoring at nearly a point per game pace and his coach is using him in better positions than last year.
Brad Marchand ($7,900 DK) is one of the most disliked, cheap-shot artists in the NHL but he delivers in so many categories that you can’t ignore him even if you hate him. Penalty minutes, goals, assists, power play points only start the conversation and with Carter Hart looking shaky, Marchand could be set for a big night tonight.
Joel Farabee ($3,700 DK) price goes up every night and for good reason. I picked him for opening night and if you paid for a subscription – you would have ended the night with a $3,100 player who was leading the NHL in forward assists and forward points. Yes, he had more than McJesus and I picked Connor that night too. Farabee is still underpriced a bit and scoring all the time.
Now what do you get if you sign up for your free month now?
• A fallen hero on the blue line who is about to have a break out night.
• Someone from the south east who is killing on fantasy points but not being priced all that highly.
• A budget first line left winger who has been a secret pick all year long.
Alex Iafallo – W ($4,800 DK) is getting first line and top power play action on a bad Los Angeles team but is worthy of your consideration at his price and versus a worse San Jose team that none of us can figure out why they are just that bad.
Chandler Stephenson – C ($4,100 DK) is centering Mark Stone and Max Pacioretty. These two powerhouses are a young centers dream. Stephenson is still finding some of his game but the two veterans are making it much easier on him.
Ryan McDonagh – D ($4,000 DK) is an old hand on the Lightnings roster. He brings it night in and night out and will be bringing it again against the Red Wings.
Patrice Bergeron – C ($8,300 DK) is a perennial Selke Trophy candidate and a Daily Fantasy Hockey stud. He is big money but with the other values on the board, he’s hard not to like especially with David Pasternak back on what could easily be considered the best line in hockey.
Shayne Gostisbehere – D ($3,800 DK). Ghost is a high risk, high reward player for today but has been getting first line pairings with Ivan Provorov and good looks on the power play. At his price, he could be a total killer if the Flyers score a little bit versus Tuuka Rask and Boston.
• Kevin Hayes – C ($6,000 DK) was firing on all cylinders two nights ago against these same Boston Bruins. He’s a good value pick and possibly a killer performer.
• Travis Konecny – W – ($5,100 DK) TK was benched a game ago for poor five on five play and didn’t look like the point per game monster that he has been in 2021. I expect him to bounce back when he gets his sea legs.
• Erik Karlsson – D ($5,100 DK) remember when this guy was the biggest, stone-cold-killer not named Brent Burns in the NHL on the blue line? At his price tonight, I can’t help but to take a long hard look and just ignore the team performance.
• Roman Josi – D ($6,100 DK) is as premium as they come on the blue line and with this much potential value out in the DFS world tonight, you likely can fit Josi into your line up.
Send us some love on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX) when these picks kill for you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?