The season rolls on with postponements, positive tests and chaos all around. We are holding the fort down for you with a focus on Toronto’s top line and a smattering of other players across the league. Did you like our free lineup yesterday? The core of Tampa’s centers plus Pastrnak who went off provided a solid foundation to build a team on. We are doing that again today with the Maple Leafs and Canadien teams that sit atop the North division.
Here’s a Sweet Lineup For DFS Hockey 2/4/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C A. Matthews $8,500 (DK)
C __________ $5,700 (DK)
W M. Marner $7,400 (DK)
W __________ $5,000 (DK)
W __________ $3,300 (DK)
D __________ $4,500 (DK)
D __________ $4,300 (DK)
G C. Price $8,500 (DK)
U K’Andre Miller $2,700 (DK)
Much like yesterday we are not giving a whole lot of thought to who we put in net. Carey Price is a beast playing against the Ottawa Senators. The Sens are something of a punching bag right now but if that bag pays out then keep hitting it.
We are very curious how Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner will respond to the Bruins top line putting up an obscene amount of points. Sure they are not in the same division this year but they pride themselves on being the best and the high water mark is being set.
K’Andre Miller is our young gun utility today. He has been developing nicely but Rangers staff had figured he would make his debut later in the year or maybe next season. He earned a spot in training camp and has not looked back. With the departure of Tony DeAngelo we should see Miller’s role continue to grow.
Now what do you get if you sign up for your free month now?
• A player labeled as a winger but who will be playing center tonight.
• Middle of the road grinding defensemen.
• Another call to an underperforming superstar.
Nick Suzuki – C ($5,700 DK) is continuing his torrid pace and putting up points everywhere. He just hit the twenty minute mark for on ice time which is a huge nod of approval from head coach Claude Julien. He has never been known for giving young guys more time than he thinks they deserve so this is a great sign.
J.T. Miller – W ($5,000 DK) may not actually be a superstar and he may not technically be underperforming from the coaches standpoint but from a fantasy one he has not exploded yet. He has still managed to put up over a point per game so we really like his price and ceiling. If Freddy Andersen is not in tip top shape we may have a massacre on our hands.
Max Domi – W ($3,300 DK) is listed as a winger but looks to have moved up to the top line centering Alex Texier and Patrik Laine. We are not going to pretend Domi is something he is not but if he is going to succeed in this league he needs to start producing. Bargain basement pricing. If you cannot stomach the risk we have a solid alternative for you below.
Justin Faulk – D ($4,500 DK). We spent big on our core today and so we are looking for some deeper value from our defensemen. Faulk does not get power play time but does play on the Blue’s top pairing for now. He eats up minutes and gets great peripherals. Solid dude all around.
Neal Pionk – D ($4,100 D). You know how much love our top power play time here especially for our defensemen. Pionk has dropped to the second while Morrissey has taken top time. We still like Pionk for the slight discount and the fact that he is just better offensively. He will get you a couple blocks and a couple shots while getting some time on the man advantage.
• Joe Pavelski – C ($7,000 DK) has to slow down at some point right? Maybe and maybe not. Save a big chunk of cash on Matthews and you still might end up with a hat trick just off deflected shots. We will not stand in his way.
• Martin Necas – W ($3,500 DK) is the guy to put in for Domi if you are not feeling him right now. He is playing on the second line in Carolina and has been putting together a modest season. He has a higher floor but lower ceiling and we are keeping an eye on him in general so give him a look.
• Ryan Ellis – D ($5,300 DK). The second defenseman on Nashville is steadily producing his peripherals and is falling into the just unlucky category. For the shots he has put up he should be getting a couple goals. He is getting great minutes and may have a shot against Florida. Even without the real life points he has been getting double digit fantasy points on average. Solid pick.
Feeling overwhelmed by all the action? Great that is what we are here for! Tell your family and tell your friends. Our other sports guys are pumping great articles so if your contacts are not into hockey we have them covered too. Send us a shoutout on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX)and have an awesome Thursday.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?