What a game in Alberta last night. Whenever Winnipeg plays Calgary it is a must watch. Lucky for all of us they play again tonight. This time with backup goalies. Both teams put up three goals on the other during regulation against top tier goalies. We should see an avalanche of goals tonight.
Speaking of the Avalanche please be aware that Nathan MacKinnon is out tonight and for the next week or two. The Sabres vs Islanders game has been postponed as has been the Penguins vs the Devils. We will try and keep you abreast of all the situations but monitor where you can as things change fast here.
Here’s a Stacked Lineup For DFS Hockey 2/2/21 (using DraftKings Values)
C __________ $6,700 (DK)
C A. Texier $4,800 (DK)
W P. Laine $6,900 (DK)
W __________ $3,100 (DK)
W __________ $2,700 (DK)
D D. Hamilton $6,600 (DK)
D __________ $5,400 (DK)
G M. Koskinen $8,500 (DK)
U __________ $5,100 (DK)
The spread today is pretty even without going after too many big names. McDavid has pushed up into the $9000 range and while he can be worth it that really consolidates risk into one place. We love him and Draisaitl but are going to focus on a couple other games tonight.
Alex Texier finally gets his man. Patrik Laine is going to play his first game with Columbus and all eyes will be on these two. Laine has not gotten to practice in a couple weeks which also means Texier has had little chance to play with his shiny new toy but with his price already on the rise we are getting in as close to the ground as possible. These two are going to be fun.
Dougie Hamilton is still looking for his first goal of the season and it is not for lack of trying. Based on his shooting percentage for the past couple years he should already have around two goals. With a tasty matchup against Chicago we would love to see if he can figure out the hot new hand Kevin Lankinen.
Mikko Koskinen. Ok let us try this again. Ahem. Mikko Koskinen is going to get assaulted by pucks tonight. He is a high risk, high reward pick but he is definitely playing and we are rolling these dice.
Now what do you get if you sign up for $99 now?
• A first line stack that features a young sleeper.
• A third line center turned top winger.
• A defenseman that we are liking more and more long term.
Elias Lindholm – C ($6,700 DK) was our top pick behind the paywall yesterday and now he costs $1300 more! We still love him although the margin on his value has slimmed quite a bit. Like Dougie he is shooting below his normal level which means goals are coming. He is the top center in Calgary and will be staring down Laurent Brossoit who is about to have a bad night.
Dillon Dube – W ($3,100 DK) has found himself on Lindholm’s wing and we are giving him a long look. We will be honest here he has not had a great season so far with his time on ice being all over the place. This is his chance though and Dube has shown some streaks of brilliance in the past. Let us see what he can do with this opportunity.
Mason Appleton – W ($2,700 DK) is usually more of a dynasty pick if you play that sort of fantasy but we have been noticing him quietly put up more points than we expected so early in the season. The Jet’s third line has been creating chances for themselves left and right. We would love to see him get some more ice time but playing with Lowry and Perrault is a pretty nice place to carve out a niche.
Rasmus Andersson – D ($5,400 DK) did not make a huge splash last night but we are patient. He still commands top power play time and is playing a weak goalie. He is playing over 20 minutes a game right now and will produce sooner rather than later. Stick with him and be rewarded.
Andrew Copp – U ($5,100 DK) is part of the embarrassment of riches at center that the Jets enjoy. They shuffled him up to Laine’s spot on the wing next to Mark Scheifele and we are looking around making sure no one else notices as we sneak this guy into our squad. Big upside here.
• Kappo Kahkonen – G ($6,900 DK). Getting a discount on a goalie is always with cautious optimism. Do not forget that the Avalanche are down one of the top players in the world. If the Wild are going to steal one tonight is the night.
• Anze Kopitar – C ($6,900 DK) is a guy we look over too often. He has had an incredible career and is still crushing it. Getting to watch him play against a regional rival is always a pleasure and we will be tuning into this one to watch him work his magic.
• Nik Ehlers – W ($6,700 DK). If you do not have the stomach for Laine yet go with Ehlers. He has been incredible this season and offers more consistent value for now. Laine’s ceiling is higher but Ehlers floor is higher.
• Quinn Hughes – D ($5,200 DK) can offer you some juicy savings on Dougie tonight if you are looking for some other players. He is nearly a point per game and just not getting his goals. If that sounds familiar then good you have been paying attention.
All the top wingers and centers are going skyhigh in price. The tightrope walk is getting tighter but we are committed to finding you the best value every day. When you crush it tonight let us know on Twitter (@FantasyDFSX). See you legends tomorrow.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?