Welcome to the world of Richee Mundo. I am here deliver fantasy and DFS picks for you that are criminally good. I’ve been starting with my baseball picks but fantasy football is my biggest field of expertise.
Let’s start with an amuse bouche before we get into the main meal. A lock for over 100 catches is Adam Thielen WR Minnesota Vikings (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThieAd00.htm ) He will be targeted a zillion times with a rookie as the other starting receiver. Thielen is going to be Mr. Reliable.
Here’s a list of fantasy NFL guys that you should be targeting in the early rounds your draft or paying top dollar for top performance in more auction-based leagues:
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB KC Chiefs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_Edwards-Helaire )
- Joe Mixon RB Cincinnati Bengals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Mixon )
- Mike Evans WR Tampa Bay Buccaneers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Evans_(wide_receiver)
- Michael Thomas WR New Orleans Saints https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Thomas_(wide_receiver,_born_1993)
- Darren Waller TE Las Vegas Raiders https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Waller
I like Helaire because he’s a first round pick who’s competition just opted out from COVID. Mixon is playing for a contract and he’s one of the best in the game. Thomas is just super-premium. With Drew Breese at QB, he’s worth every penny. Waller is young and up-and-coming. He’s super-fast too.
Busts Picks To Avoid
Overpriced or overvalued players can easily cost you your league. It could be that they are slowing down at this stage of their career or that they are beat up or it can be the players around them make it a bad situation for them. My outlook is that it is always better to dump a player one year early than one year too late.
- Ben Roethlisberger QB Pittsburgh Steelers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roethlisberger )
- Leonard Fournette RB Jacksonville Jaguars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Fournette )
- Odell Beckham WR Cleveland Browns (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odell_Beckham_Jr. )
- Mike Williams WR Los Angeles Chargers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Williams_(wide_receiver,_born_1994) )
- Zach Ertz TE Philadelphia Eagles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_Ertz )
Big Ben has too many miles on the odometer. You have to love him but at his age, I can’t see him making it through the year. Fournette is just not surrounded by enough talent and possibly working with the worst QB in 2020 DFS and fantasy football. Odell is just overrated at this stage in his career and might not have the heart at this point. Mike Williams could be poorly paired with a QB who can’t get him the deep ball. Ertz has been “the man” for so long but he might be on the decline starting at 2020.
If the above guys are too old, over-priced or just not going to deliver – here is a list of five to make up for them that should be spectacular values for fantasy and-or DFS football in 2020.
- Kyler Murray QB Arizona Cardinals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyler_Murray )
- Josh Allen QB Buffalo Bills (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Allen_(quarterback) )
- DK Metcalf WR Seattle Seahawks (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DK_Metcalf )
- Deebo Samuel WR San Francisco 49ers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deebo_Samuel
- Ian Thomas TE Carolina Panthers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Thomas_(American_football)
Kyler Murray has a ton of potential and a number one receiver – watch out. Josh Allen has a great team around him and the number one receiver two. Metcalf is a total beast. Expect a big jump from Metcalf. Deebo is a man-child who is very hard to tackle and has a great QB to support him in year two. Thomas is a go-to target and will get every opportunity to get the ball.
It is always good to pick up a devalued stock (or player) in this case as there are various reasons why players fell from grace. Here is my list of ones that you might just steal in your draft or run with in early DFS games.
- Teddy Bridgewater QB Carolina Panthers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_Bridgewater )
- Cam Newton QB New England Patriots (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_Bridgewater )
- AJ Green WR Cincinnati Bengals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Green )
- Trey Burton TE Indianapolis Colts (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Burton )
- Ju Ju Smith-Schuster WR Pittsburgh Steelers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JuJu_Smith-Schuster )
Teddy B is getting a starting job again and he’s got plenty of upside with lessons learned under Drew Brees. Cam had a lot of time off and will play with the best coach in modern NFL history. New England’s COVID’s problem is more on D. AJ Green is coming off a bad injury year and has a ton to prove. Trey Burton is also very injured but has a QB who likes to throw to his go-to TE and Burton is that guy. Ju-Ju could have a major comeback year but that comes with an Asterix on Big Ben’s health.
There you go. These are some key value picks to get dialed in for your fantasy 2020 football drafts as well as early DFS (daily fantasy sports) games.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?