Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

PGA Golf DFS Advice

DFS PGA Tour Picks for the FedEx Cup Playoffs: The Northern Trust at TPC Boston August 20 – 23, 2020

Justin Thomas playing golf
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FL - MARCH 12: Justin Thomas of the United States plays a shot on the 9th hole during THE PLAYERS Championship on March 12, 2020 at TPC Sawgrass - Stadium Course in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl. (Photo by David Rosenblum/Icon Sportswire)

 Great to have the (PGA Tour FedEx Cup Playoffs ) here. This is the week that will reveal who wants to be all in for the pot of gold at the season ending Tour Championship at Eastlake. While this is not quite the same pressure or compelling television as a Major Championship or the Ryder Cup. It is not penny ante poker either, and it will reveal the money players that are all in on making it into the top 70 at the BMW Championship at Olympia Fields, and eventually the top 30 at the PGA Tour Championship at Eastlake. 

This week at TPC Boston, it is such a star-studded field, headlined by Justin Thomas ($11,300 DK-$11,900FD) and Bryson DeChambeau ($11,100DK-$12,000 FD). The field is so deep I think a potential top 10 finish goes as far down on salary as Matt Jones ($6,200 DK) and Danny Lee ($7,200 FD). The goal with the top 125 that made it to the first round of the FedEx Cup Playoffs is to finish the week in the Top 70 in the FedEx Cup rankings and to move on to the next round at Olympia Fields. This is the only FedEx Cup playoff event that has a 36-hole cut, at the top 65, plus ties. Patrick Reed ($9,000DK $11,100FD) is the defending champion when this event was contested at (Liberty National in 2019 .) Bryson DeChambeau was the (2018 Dell Technologies ) champion when a PGA Tour event was last held at TPC Boston. (The Northern Trust )is being contested on the(TPC Boston ,) which was founded in 2002, and designed by Arnold Palmer. When TPC Boston opened, Golf Digest ranked the course in the top 10 in new designs for a private club. A redesign in 2007 was skillfully crafted by Gil Hanse, Course Architect, along with PGA Tour player Brad Faxon consulting. Golf Digest ranked the newly remodeled course as the top redesign for private courses the following year. TPC Boston plays to a Par of 71 at 7,261 yards. The weather forecast for the week is temperature highs between 81-90 degrees with humidity reaching highs of 80 percent or more. The chance of thundershowers is only 10 to 20 percent with wind ranging each day from five to ten miles per hour and should not play much of a factor in the competition.   

A-List DFS Picks at The Northern Trust: 2020

I like Rory McIlroy ($10,800 DK-$11,800 FD)Jason Day ($9,300 DK-$11,300 FD), and Billy Horschel ($7,900 DK-$9,600FD) to win, in that order. My rationale is these competitors have been the most consistent at a high level in recent weeks and they have the all-around game, positive history on TPC Boston, and when the money is on the line in the FedEx Cup Playoffs, they have produced. I think Bryson DeChambeau ($11,100 DK-$12,000 FD) will be competitve, but he is not currently driving the ball straight enough and will not finish high enough to justify the salary this week, despite having won at TPC Boston the last time a PGA Tour event was contested here in 2018. Just not feeling Justin Thomas ($11,300DK-$11,900FD) to win this week on bent grass greens, but I may by Eastlake, if he continues to play well in the FedEx Playoffs. I do think any one of the A-List competitors will be competitive to win and finish in the top 10, while this group is littered with PGA Tour winners, Major Championship victories, etc.  If you are constructing multiple line-ups you can’t go wrong with any one of these competitors in the top 14 to headline another roster. 

B-List DFS Picks at The Northern Trust: 2020

Great values in this range are Adam Hadwin ($7,200 DK-$8,600 FD)Alex Noren ($7,100DK-$8,700FD)Chez Reavie ($7,100 DK-$8,700FD)Dylan Frittelli ($7,000DK-$8,500FD)Jason Kokrak ($6,800DK-$8,400FD)Bud Cauley (6$,600DK-$8,100FD)Talor Gooch ($6,500DK-7$,800FD)Charley Hoffman ($6,500DK-$7,900FD), and Tom Hoge ($6,400DK-7$,500FD). It would not surprise me if any one of these competitors finish in the top 10 to 25. 

These are the guys that have everything to gain and nothing to lose by playing aggressive this week, look for most of this group to be focused, determined, and to rise to the occasion this week.

C-List DFS Picks at The Northern Trust: 2020

Underdogs in this grouping could very well have a great week and not only move up into the top 70 and advance to Olympia Fields, but quite possibly will find themselves at Eastlake, and if these PGA Tour competitors can survive to the final stage, it is game on with ‘all of the chips on the table’—all in or go home. The best values in this grouping are Sam Ryder ($6,300DK-$7,100FD)Tyler Duncan ($6,300DK-$7,500FD)Matt Jones ($6,200DK-$7,300FD), and Danny Lee ($6,100DK-$7,200FD). 

 Think of this week as a qualifier tournament, expect the competitors with the most to gain by playing well this week, to play their best. While these are a few teasers for this week, more in depth analysis and justification for my recommended lineup plays, or don’t play this week, are exclusively available for members of DFSExperts.com. Send us any fodder for the “Wall of Fame” including screenshots. We will put them up on social and proclaim you the DFS champion of the world. Good luck, and Golf On!   

So, what did you think?

Click on a star to rate today's picks.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Copyright © 2021 Fantasy DFS Experts
FantasyDFSExperts.com (Luxury Publishing Group Inc.)
1546 7th St Santa Monica, CA 90401
Please contact us if you have more questions or require web accessibility assistance at 310.860.9988.